Saturday, March 31, 2007

A blog about absolutely nothing...

So finally after registering a blog name over 5 months ago, I have sat down to pen (hmmmok type) my pilot posting. Wanting to post a blog since 25 October, 2006 (Yes Giri…that’s why I called you so late on your birthday…I was thinking of an apt name for this page), I have finally decided to take the plunge.

Now before I go on (and believe me I can talk and talk), I would like to warn you that if you are reading this page in the hopes to finding some truly intellectually stimulating reading material, I suggest to click on the icon on the top right corner of this page with the title “Next Blog”. Because, (Sorry I know it’s grammatically wrong to start a sentence with “because”, but really, nothing else fits) for the uninitiated and unacquainted people reading this, I would like to let you in on a little secret; half of what I talk is crap and the other half goes unheard (since the people listening to the first half cannot take it any longer). And yes, I can digress and digress even more, so you really have to keep up with me.

While I am aware the 83% people reading this have logged off or changed blogs by now, and the remaining 17% have no choice but to continue (I am probably standing behind them with a gun on their head, forcing them complete the section), I am going to continue. Because (There I go again…oops sorry), I believe we live in a democratic world and we all have the right to continue doing what we believe in. And you have the choice to either continue reading this or not (except you 17% people).

Did you know how the word “blog” came to be conceptualized? It’s a blend (or as technically known: portmanteau) of the words “Web" and “Log”. It’s as simple as that. Anyway to get to the point…(What is it…I forgot….ooh…yes…so getting to the point)…

I could not think of a comprehensive “About Me” for this blog. I did not know what my signature line should be.

I am a dreamer; not a realist.
I am an optimist; not a pessimist.
I chase my dreams; I don’t wait for it to happen.
I don’t need you to start a conversation; I am comfortable in my own skin to introduce myself.
I know my self worth; I joke about myself just to be modest.
I am not insecure; I just have my fears.
I am always singing, either out loud or in my head.
There are a lot of things I don’t know; I have no qualms about asking other people about it.
I am not a feminist, but I cannot stand men who don’t truly believe that we are all equals.
I get stressed to see the extreme living conditions in my country; I will never run away from it.
I want to be a writer; I want to write a song.
I want to be a poetess. I want to write a play.
I want to make a movie. I want to paint my dreams.
I want to be a businesswoman. I want to live a million dreams.

9 comments:

Payal said...

hi ro!
Nice first blog!!...i LOVED these lines tht uve written
"I want to be a writer; I want to write a song.
I want to be a poetess. I want to write a play.
I want to make a movie. I want paint my dreams.
I want to be a businesswoman. I want to live a million dreams."...

AWESOME!!!! specially da last 1!...:)

Bored Senseless said...

ah girl...its a good blog...u've given me ideas now..considering d fact tht i can talk endlessly too..
i luuuuv d verse..its like all your wishes n dreams in those lines..u can write!! n ter i thought we were good for nothing..lol!!
keep it up girl!!

Unknown said...

you forgot to type 'to' in the line "I want to make a movie. I want paint my dreams."
;)

eternaloptimist said...

its so you...could actually hear you while i was reading it...really liked the poem..

Abhishek said...

Hey Rohini... Ya ya.. I got the point of you leave offline messages and sending messages of your blog that I not only should read it but also leave a proof that I did... You did hold a virtually gun to my head (see I did read it :D )

Unknown said...

Since when did you start talking so sensibly..I was expecting some real non-sense, you disappoint me. Just kidding.. great Blog, hope you catch your dreams and yeah..remember me when u become a businesswoman :D

Anjali Kumar said...

That is so so cute ro........its so u!!!!....well ofcourse i dint have to read all that to know what were tring to say....well actually u were tryin to say nuthing as usual!!......just kidding.its really nice......!

Payal said...

whns da next one???...u cant disappear after 1!!!

Moli said...

Well you make sense to me. We are similar people.
nice post.