Friday, March 28, 2008

Addicted...

Lately I have been so addicted to this page that I can’t help myself from coming here…over and over again!! I will try and keep this short (Though I know that’s not my style) but none-the-less, when was the last time you tried something for the first time, right??!! ;)

So I had a couple of revelations the last few days (of course my friends contributed to these as well :) ) and I wanted to share it here with you (maybe open it up for discussion…MBA style…LOL!).

Murphy’s Law v/s Luck:


Murphy’s Law: It’s raining cats and dogs and you are standing in your business suit desperately seeking a cab. But you will not find one since YOU NEED IT. Two days later, its raining elephants and monkeys (more than cats and dogs) and you look outside the window from the closed (dry) comfort of your room and there are at least 10 cabs with their green light on in the last 5 mins, waiting to “service” people to their destination.

Luck:
It’s raining cats and dogs and you are standing in your business suit desperately seeking a cab. And you will find one since YOU NEED IT. Two days later, its raining elephants and monkeys (more than cats and dogs) and you look outside the window from the closed (dry) comfort of your room and there are NO CABS AVAILABLE waiting to “service” people to their destination.

Revelation:
Luck and Murphy’s Law: two sides of the same coin!!!

Walk on the clouds:
Honestly, I know I keep saying this but it never fails...EVER! I am happiest when I wear my sports shoes and tonight it was put to test ALL OVER AGAIN! We had a participant’s dinner for the teams who have flown down for Cerebration Finals at this awesome place called Villa Bali. And I was exceptionally happy. This was even without a drop of alcohol.

And then it came up, the sports shoes. I was wearing my “walk-on-the-clouds” Reeboks after ages and boy did I get my groove back. I was talking incessantly (as usual). Confidence level stretched further than Pluto and I was just plain HAPPY! Cause I can’t help it but it has this effect on me. It makes me feel in control and makes me feel like I can “just do it”. (Sorry that’s the lag line of Nike..Rival brand :O).

Amruta as usual was a great source of entertainment after she had downed a few drinks.
Ashpi was being her usual loud mouthed self (you are my favourite you know ;)).
Isha finally tried a few sips of beer (or so I believe).
Raghu was finally being Raghu (I missed the fun Raghu. So happy he is back).
Ankur was being you know..Ankur.
Chinmay as usual I have no idea what he was up to.
Anubhav was giving his usual pose in EVERY PICTURE (how do you manage it man).
Kunal was eyeing every chicken piece in the house.
Neha as usual had everything under control.
Srikanth was as usual on the receiving end of all my “fundas” and theories (Soon he is going to judge me and doubt my sanity…or maybe I already run that risk!)
Rohit kept referring to me as one of the guys (Ya soon you are so dead for this).
Abhay drank more than 1 glass of alcohol (This was shocking).
Omer…As soon as his team left, so did he. Poor thing…he was so home-sick after being buddy to a team from Canada.

So c’mon…Can we really blame me…Friends, Reeboks and me…Priceless! :)

1 comment:

myPage said...

Hey was that beer? U guys duped me??? :-0 U said it was a fruit drink...mummyyyyy :(