Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Unfulfilled Dreams…Realities I never dreamt of!!

Well this one is truly special to me. With a million submissions and assignments due this week and Cerebration next week (more on that later), I was convinced that I would not have time to leave my pawprints on the patio ;)! (Sorry I know that was very cheesy!! Cant help it sometimes). But something happened exactly 21 minutes ago and it just pulled me to this page. I received an email from my Tauji (Dad’s elder brother). Just two simple lines that mean the world to me right now.

Background:
As all of you know by now, I was part of a study trip to USA where we had a chance to meet the legend..Mr Warren Buffett (No words can do justice to how I feel about the trip…it was ABSOLUTELY M-I-N-D-B-L-O-W-I-N-G). And today after much persuasion from Mom, Dad and my wonderful (read nagging sisters ;)), I emailed the pictures home(Just the one with Mr. Warren Buffett. I am just too lazy!)

Reason for this blog:
So why am I happy? I had mailed my cousin the photos as well and she happened to pass it on to Tauji. And 21 mins ago (well now 23!!), he mailed me saying that he saw the pictures and that he is “PROUD of me”!!! Just 3 simple words. I don’t need to say anything more.

The meeting with Warren Buffett could not have come at a better time. I needed to get over my disappointment of not being elected the MBA Club President. I don’t even want to talk about it any more. Yes people, I am over it! And the US Trip definitely helped me get over it. I wanted to be the President real bad and I truly believed that I could do it. It was a lot like high school all over again and losing out on the Head Girl position by a small margin (what’s the deal with me and my losing by small margins again and again). Guess some things are never meant to me. So the dream of being a Student President (or head girl) will just be an unfulfilled dream.

But it doesn’t matter anymore. My parents did not fail to tell me how proud and happy they were when I decided to run for President, when they read my mandate, when they heard that I didn’t get elected, when I was selected for the US trip, when I met Warren Buffett, when I returned and even when I sent the pictures home. Tauji’s mail just reiterates my support system.

These are my life’s biggest realities that I could not even have dreamt of. Everything else takes a backseat. Just the fact that they think this way makes me so happy. I owe it to them for making me the person I am today. I owe my confidence, my determination, and my optimism to my family. For always being there. For guiding me all through. And most importantly, being my best friends in the whole world.

This blog is dedicated to all of them. Love them all forever and forever and always and always. I feel lucky! Touch wood! :) They make me want to be my dreamcatcher...

2 comments:

R said...

You will always be our superstar and our little hero...! May every dream you dream, be your reality.

Love you always darling!

myPage said...

Do we ever plan the things which bring us the most happy moments.I guess not and that's what I like about life.Warren buffet trip and many such proud moments---U probably hadnot thought about all these things when u decided to do an mba.And yet there are these small small things and moments which are so precious.